Latest Version: 6.3.1
Updated November 5, 2014
- Document could not be selected to sign in DocuSign.
- Program stability.
- In .doc documents, specific wrapping table was not displayed completely
- The view progress in Mobile View.
- The paste result was wrong when copying cells.
- Crash was caused by fast flipping, if playing one-slide document from “Document Information”.
- The default placeholder prompt.
- Double tap ‘+’ for new slide
OVER 245 MILLION USERS AND 350,000 GOOGLE PLAY REVIEWS!
WORLD’S MOST POPULAR, FREE ANDROID OFFICE APP
VIEW, CREATE AND SHARE OFFICE DOCS ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE
FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH MICROSOFT WORD, POWERPOINT AND EXCEL
- USA Today: “One of the best new apps…”
- PC World: “How good could a free office suite be? In this case, pretty darn good…”
- Gizmodo: “Essential app for your new Android phone or tablet…”
- Techlicious: “10 Free Android Apps Everyone Should Download…”
- Economic Times: “Best free document editing app…”
VIEW ANY FILE TYPE
WPS Office can open almost any document including PDF, TXT and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. This means when you use WPS Office to open a document from email or your favorite cloud service, you can be sure it will look exactly the way it would on your PC.
CREATE AMAZING DOCUMENTS
WPS Office comes loaded with features similar to what you’d find on a PC office solution. This includes advanced text and paragraph formatting options as well as the ability to add and edit images, shapes, tables and charts directly into your presentation or document.
EASY FILE SHARING
With WPS Office you can share your files through email, Evernote and more. You can also share presentations with others over WIFI or directly to other DLNA compatible devices.
CONNECT TO YOUR CLOUD
Using WPS Office you can access and edit documents from your favorite cloud drive. When you are done editing, WPS Office will automatically save them back online.
WPS Office Highlights
- One small app includes Presentation, Writer and Spreadsheets
- Uniquely designed for Android smartphones and tablets*
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Open almost any file format including DOC, XLS, PPT, TXT, PDF and more
- Access documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and WebDAV
- Share documents and presentations using WIFI or DLNA
- Send documents through email and text message
- Keep your work safe with auto-save and document encryption
- Works with both USB and Bluetooth keyboards
- Use familiar keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+C and Ctrl+P
- Full support for wireless printing
- Support for 44 different languages
- Fully compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Insert and edit images, shapes, text boxes and notes into presentations
- Insert charts and tables
- View notes in presenter mode
- Touch controlled laser pointer
- And more
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Word
- Advanced collaboration features including track changes, comments and spell check
- Save documents as a PDF
- Rich text and paragraph formatting features
- Find and replace
- And more
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Excel
- Includes dozens of formula and function shortcuts
- Supports pivot tables, freeze frames, sorting, table styles and more
- Insert charts, including bar, pie, line and column
- Edit cell categories (number, text, percentage, etc.)
- And more
WHERE YOU CAN FIND US
- LIKE us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kingsoftwps
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wps_office
- Visit us at www.wps.com
WPS Office supports Android 2.2 and above
1. Messages: Allow WPS to open email document attachments
2. Storage: Allow WPS to access and modify office documents on SD card
3. Network Communication and System Tools: Allow WPS Office to take advantage of features such as SharePlay and wireless printing
Added on May 23, 2012
- open large spreadsheet documents sized 200M above.
- supports importing notes of your Evernote.
Added on June 14, 2012
- Fix the problem that some documents quit abnormally when saving files.
- Fix the problem that when editing tables, some documents quit abnormally if switching layout.
- Fix the problem that the external keyboard cannot be used to edit when using the English input method of Android system.
- Fix the problem that some documents cannot be opened after editing and saving.
- Fix the location error problem of direction arrows display when adjusting the column width in some devices.
Added on July 27, 2012
- In Writer, compatible with the display of charts in .docx documents.
- In Presentation, support the playing of shape animation.
Added on August 14, 2012
- Improved: Support for hiding the display of Menu button in System 3.0 and above.
- Fixed: In PDF, fixed the problem that PDF documents cannot be opened normally when some devices upgrade.
- Improved: In Spreadsheet, always display the “=” in the custom input keyboard, in order to complete basic calculations more smoothly.
- Improved: In Spreadsheet, optimized the Multi-touch zoom.
- Fixed: In Presentation, fixed the problem that pictures cannot be inserted in some devices.
Added on August 22, 2012
- Fixed the problem that SD card reloads after doing the Save or Save As operation in some devices.
- Fixed the problem that program quits unexpectedly when creating spreadsheets or opening some documents in Samsung GT-S5830.
- In Spreadsheet, directly into the Edit mode after creating comments.
- In Presentation, fixed the problem that documents containing pictures cannot be opened again if clicking the Close button repeatedly and then clicking Save button in the message box.
Added on September 13, 2012
- Improved the toolbar icons to reduce the visual pressure.
- New program logo.
- Improved documents preview display effect on the home page. Support two pages slides preview.
- The program adjusts the display automatically according to devices, more suitable for the use of mobile phones and tablets.
- Support Asus PadFone exclusively, switching screens freely between the phone and the tablet.
- Support for hiding the display of Menu button in system 4.0 and above mobile phones.
Added on September 28, 2012
- Improved: In Writer, when selecting contents, adjust the space between the left selection handle and the square magnifying glass.
- Fixed: In Writer, fix the problem that when the round magnifying glass appears, the cursor can’t be moved to its position.
- Added: In Spreadsheet, support Custom Lists, such as Sun, Mon, Tue…
- Added: In Spreadsheet, add the exclusive Highlight feature.
Added on October 16, 2012
- The latest version 5.1 has been released. In this version, it brings Shareplay and Multi-value Filter, and supports for automatically updating documents from the Cloud.In addition, there are more than 30 feature updates.
Added on October 30, 2012
- Fixed: In the file management, the home menu cannot be opened up properly in the latest Android version 4.1.2.
- Fixed: In Writer, DOC files from Google Drive cannot be opened after editing and saving.
- Added: In Spreadsheets, added “Edit” option in the pop menu.
- Fixed: In Presentation, slides are automatically switched to the next page when zooming out slides in the full screen mode, in the latest Android version 4.1.2.
Added on November 9, 2012
- Improved: Remove all Auto-start configuration items.
- Improved: In Writer, modified the Evernote login access.
- Improved: In Presentation, up to 6 users are supported in Shared Play.
- Improved: In Spreadsheets, the keyboard can be popped up by double taping the cell, if the keyboard is folded.
- Added: In Spreadsheets, the selection does not disappear, if selecting multiple cells and entering the Edit mode.
Added on November 23, 2012
- This version is perfectly compatible with the latest Android 4.2 system. The speed of opening files has been improved, and the display problem of mathematical formula symbol has been solved. In addition, it supports spreadsheet data validation settings, and presentation Autoplay. There are about 30 feature updates.
Added on December 7, 2012
- Fixed: In Writer, for some devices the paste feature in toolbar is unavailable, when the system clipboard contains contents.
- Fixed: In Presentation, the print feature crashes, when the value of print range [custom range] is symbols (comma or hyphen).
- Added: In Spreadsheet, add the worksheet tab color settings.
- Added: In Spreadsheet, if documents crashes when creating and editing documents, add document recovery and backup processing.
Added on December 18, 2012
- Fixed: In Writer, when opening a document containing multiple text boxes, and inserting a table in the first text box to edit, the document would be closed abnormally.
- Added: In Spreadsheet, support six external keyboard shortcuts, such as [Ctrl + Home] [Ctrl + F], [Ctrl + R].
- Fixed: In Presentation, when opening a blank presentation and the message pops up, it could not exit normally by clicking the back key.
Added on January 28, 2013
- Added: In File Management, support for viewing and switching multi-documents.
- Added: In File Management, added the Undo feature to the operation that delete the document from the home page.
- Fixed: In File Management, fixed the problem that when open the attachment from email and save it to the cloud storage, this file cannot be synchronized after editing and saving it.
- Improved: In Writer, adjusted the login interface of Evernote.
Added on February 22, 2013
- Improved: In file management, emf, wmf format images display as picture file icons in the program directory list.
- Fixed: In Writer, the program quits unexpectedly when insert a picture into textbox and click the Undo button.
- Fixed: In Presentation, insert wmf, bmp, jpe format pictures in one file and save. If this file is opened again, these pictures could not be displayed.
- Improved: In Spreadsheet, compatible with .xls files edited and saved by other mobile office applications.
Added on March 8, 2013
- Fixed: In Writer, the content or documents might be lost after editing and saving in some special situations.
- Fixed: In Writer, the document is closed abnormally if insert bookmarks in the text contents of the headers and footers.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheets, fixed the error result of INT function if decimal is divided by decimal.
- Fixed: In Presentation, compatibly display the object with shape combinations made by MSO2013.
Added on April 24, 2013
- There are total 48 feature updates. It supports for syncing documents history, setting font types, inserting pictures in Spreadsheets, accepting and rejecting changes in Writer.
Added on May 6, 2013
- Fixed: In Writer, the document quits unexpectedly when setting the Heading Styles in the new document and saving it.
- Fixed: In Writer, the keyboard does not pop up automatically when creating a new blank document on Google Nexus 7.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, it is unavailable to do format fill operation on the entire row which contains the same format.
- Added: In Presentation, support dual-screen play on Lenovo K900.
- Some bugs.
Added on May 18, 2013
- Support for excluding folders and sub-folders in “All Documents”.
- In Writer, support the multiple clipboard feature by accessing Kingsoft Clip.
- In Writer, optimize the archiving mechanism, reducing the failure probability.
- In Spreadsheet, optimize the interface loading performance, improving the user experience.
- In Presentation, support for pinning the Notes floating windows to Play interface.
- PDF thumbnail sidebar, for switching location pages conveniently and quickly.
Added on May 22, 2013
- Improved: In Presentation, dramatically improved the efficiency of scrolling slides.
- Fixed: In file management, documents quit abnormally when saving to Box.net.
- Fixed: In Writer, if users have used fonts and install the new version, the Writer crashes when using fonts again.
- Fixed: In Writer, select rows or columns of the table and set the text style, the document can not be saved as docx format properly.
Added on June 6, 2013
- Added: Supported for sending office documents between devices by using NFC feature.
- Added: Share documents from the photos wall by Kingsoft Clip on the home page.
- Added: Supported the multiple clipboard feature by accessing Kingsoft Clip in Spreadsheets and Presentation.
- Added: Supported for inserting contents from Kingsoft Clip into documents directly.
- Added: In Writer, you can purchase more storage space for Cloud Fonts.
Added on June 17, 2013
- Added: In Presentation, supported arrow keys of external devices and mouse wheel to switch slides.
- Fixed: In Writer, fixed the undo operation issue when recovering the changed fonts to the original fonts.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, if open a document with setting “Filter-Filter by cell color- No Fill”, it shows “Exit with unknown error”.
- Fixed some other bugs.
Added on July 3, 2013
Improved: The speed of opening documents.
Improved: The efficiency of editing documents.
Added: Supported hyperlinks to local files.
Added: Supported formula references.
Added: Supported the number format display of 6 kinds of languages.
Improved: Supported for setting more than ten lists validation.
Improved: The speed of opening documents.
Improved: The fluency of opening documents from the home page.
Improved: The speed of opening documents.
Added on July 23, 2013
- Fixed: The directory is empty after log in Cubby cloud storage successfully.
- Fixed: In Writer, the selection area jumps incorrectly when drag and select text contents.
- Fixed: In Writer, the page scrolls when hide the input keyboard.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, Cyan is identified incorrectly in digital format.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, files can not be sent in some special cases.
- Improved: In Presentation, improved the position of the new slide layout list and the loading design.
Added on August 21, 2013
- Supported for opening and editing documents from SkyDrive, not including the shared documents.
- Fixed the prediction compatible problem with SwiftKey keyboard.
- Supported for setting bullets and numbers.
- Added 6 kinds of heading styles.
- Supported external keyboard shortcuts: End, Home, Ctrl+End and Ctrl+Home.
- Hide/Show rows, columns and grid lines.
- Supported for inserting Scatter, Radar and other 29 kinds of charts.
Added on September 6, 2013
- Improved: In Writer, optimized the operating area display of Page Margins under the horizontal screen.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, some documents containing complex contents can not be opened.
- Improved: In Spreadsheet, improved the control point response range to make the objects zoom more convenient.
- Added: In Presentation, Shareplay by Internet.
- Fixed: In Presentation, if creating new slides repeatedly, sometimes the slide dose not display.
Added on September 16, 2013
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, in the Paste Special interface, if select the clip(s) except the first one in the clipboard, and then tap “Paste”, the document crashes.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, if copy the cell contents, and then switch to other applications and copy contents, the result was wrong when pasting in spreadsheets.
Added on October 21, 2013
1.Added: Compatible with Swiftkey, Swype and Smartkey keyboard.
2.Added: Supported for inputting Spanish characters with the external keyboard.
2.Added: Table Styles.
3.Added: Supported the localized number formats of 10 countries or regions, including Spain, Portugal and Russia.
4.Added: Intelligent Recognition of scientific notation.
5.Added: Supporting for saving CSV documents.
1.Compatible with Swiftkey, Swype and Smartkey keyboard.
Added on November 18, 2013
- Fixed: In Writer, there was no any response when tapping the hyperlink in Reader Mode.
- Fixed: In Writer, adjusted the display of “More Font Options” feature interface.
- Fixed: In Writer, when using some keyboards in English, the same letters couldn’t be entered continuously with the external keyboard.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, some encrypted documents exited with unknown exception.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, file corruption issues would appear when opening some documents.
Added on November 28, 2013
- File Management
Improved: Compatible with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat.
Added: Supported for keeping footnotes and endnotes information when saving .doc files.
Added: Supported for opening Irc, c, cpp, h, asm, s, java, asp, bat, bas, prg, cmd files in text.
Added: Supported for inputting with the external keyboard when the table rows or columns were selected.
Improved: Adjusted the color picker display.
Improved: Supported PRICE function.
Added on December 31, 2013
- Added: In Writer, support that .dotx documents can be saved in the original format after editing.
- Fixed: In Writer, fixed the bug about Find feature.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, fixed that some specific documents would crash if selected fonts were in Bold.
- Fixed: In Spreadsheet, fixed that special custom number formats display incorrectly.
Added on June 5, 2014
- Kingsoft Office has changed its name to WPS Office
- Look for new app icon (“W”) on home page
- Over 100 feature updates and enhancements
- New user experience uniquely designed for smartphones and tablets
- Support for 44 languages
- And much more
Added on July 6, 2014
- Fixed issue where “WPS Office” appeared when adding attachments to MMS
- Bug fixes on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- You can now tap objects to view in full screen (Page View mode)
- Added “Word Count” option to View menu
- Spreadsheets: You can now filter data to show number of matching records
- Presentation: Fixed several issues including
- Next column is now automatically selected after deleting columns
- “Settings” button is now displayed at the end of presentation
Added on August 13, 2014
- New layout optimized for tablets
- Various bug fixes
- Fixed bugs in Paragraph Layout
- Fixed bugs in Comment and Revise
- Fixed font size display
Added on September 28, 2014
- Faster start-up time
- Improved app stability
- Display contents of footnotes/endnotes
- Sleep Time adjusted in Reading Mode
- Format Chart option.
- View documents in .xlsb format
- Shape style settings
- Copy/Paste Objects
- Sleep Time adjusted in Reading Mode
- More external keyboard shortcuts (eg: F5, Page Up, Page Down etc.)
- Print PDFs
Added on October 21, 2014
- Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi, etc.
- Scroll mode in mobile view
- Spacing and page orientation setting
- Inert Text Box and Shapes.
- Ink writing and ink comments
- Multi-select objects
- Error Bars and Trendline setting in chart options
- Disable input error message in data validation
- Ink writing (Tablet Only)
- Audio Play.
- Fonts setting
- Dual Play with Miracast.
- Ink writing (Tablet Only)