Latest Version: 1.7.29
Updated July 31, 2014
- Fixed not displaying video plaback state properly on video/folder list in some cases.
- Improved hw+ decoder on .ts playback.
- Fixed displaying text on incorrect position for dvb subtitles.
- .Zip file can be selected as a custom codec.
- Seperated Tegra3 codec.
- Support Teletext, PJS subtitle and basic support for WebVTT subtitle.
- Embedded subtitle mark changed to indicate subtitle type.
- Improved support for D-Pad navigation.
MX Player – The best way to enjoy your movies.
- HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new H/W decoder.
- MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
- PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
- SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
- KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps. (plugin required)
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
About “System Tools – display system-level alerts” permission: This is useful to block any accidental key entries while you are watching videos. This input block function will make sure that you can watch videos without interruption.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Added on May 20, 2012
- Fixed frequent license checking
- Added license status display on the About screen
- Improved input lock and added the Kids Lock
- Improved headset key input handling.
- And many more…
Added on May 23, 2012
- Added a reset menu to clear all user settings.
- Added an option to resume only the first video.
- Added an option to adjust interface auto hide delay ranging 1 to 10 sec.
- Fixed video control panel interface disorder on some devices.
- Fixed disabled volume key while input locked.
Added on June 13, 2012
- Fixed audio playback error with some codecs.
- Fixed crash on tablet devices and settings screen.
- Disabled H/W+ decoder by default.
- Reverted controversy main icon.
- Fixed bugs issued on v1.7
Added on September 20, 2012
- Handles headset/media key input when input control is locked.
- Fixed broken >2GB file reading on 1.7.1
- Fixed pause/resume touch action to show UI when screen corner is touched.
Added on September 27, 2012
- Fixed broken background play in 1.7.3
- Added title bar clock/battery display option for tablet devices.
Added on October 12, 2012
- Fixed broken video seeking by swiping.
- Fixed broken video seeking to the end position.
- Fixed starting up error on some devices including Foxconn Pocketbook A10.
- Changed custom codec file name (libavcodec.mx.so…)
Added on October 19, 2012
- Fixed HE-AAC audio playback error in some condition.
- Fixed to hide Kindle Fire HD 7 navigation bar with input locked.
- Fixed seeking error with some audio files.
- Fixed media file scan failure on some JB devices.
- Increased maximum subtitle file size to 5 MB.
Added on November 15, 2012
- Supports Android 4.2 JellyBean MR1.
- Supports more HTML color codes.
- Improved MPEG-TS video seeking.
Added on December 10, 2012
- Added Playback screen > Menu > Play > Use speedup tricks. This option is only available with s/w decoder and has same effect as selecting s/w fast decoder in old version.
- Added support for moving between buttons with key input.
- Fixed to use full screen while video playback on Nexus 10.
- Fixed releasing input lock when looping single video.
- Fixed showing same folders twice on Android 4.2
Added on December 14, 2012
- Fixed not automatically advancing to next video/audio when screen is locked.
- Fixed broken Tegra3 s/w video playback.
- Fixed broken MIPS s/w audio playback.
Added on February 9, 2013
- No changes
Added on February 25, 2013
- Added screen rotation button.
- Added a new orientation option named “use video orientation”. This will select screen orientation from video orientation.
- Added https protocol support on s/w decoder.
- Added an optional to disable double tap gesture.
- Improved h/w+ decoder.
- Fixed broken h/w+ decoder on Android 3.x Honeycomb and some Snapdragon ICS, Jellybean devices.
Added on April 23, 2013
- Fix-up for crash when called from external app.
- Fixed navigation bar at the bottom to be hidden while playing video on Jellybean tablet devices.
- Fixed custom codec to be reloaded automatically.
- Added thumbnail rebuilding menu for each videos.
- Changed video/folder property texts to be select-able.
CUSTOM CODEC BEFORE 1.7.14 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION. PLEASE UPDATE CUSTOM CODEC IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 1.7.13 AND EARLIER.
Added on August 1, 2013
- Support Android 4.3.
- Improved Hi10p playback performance with s/w decoder.
- Added an option to use h/w decoder’s native audio track selecting feature for Android 4.1 and higher.
- Added “audio player” option to use MX Player as an audio player.
- Added YUV color format for s/w decoder.
- Added an option for selecting preferred audio language.
- “Back to list” option replaces “Playback completion action” option.
Added on August 6, 2013
- Fixed FC when starting some videos on Android 4.1 and higher.
- Fixed codec loading error when running with restricted profiles on Android 4.3 tablets.
- Added play menu on the video list screen to resume last watched video.
Added on August 19, 2013
- Fixed unexpected playback pause.
- Fixed not listing audio files sometimes if used as audio player.
- Fixed not hiding software keys sometimes on Android 4.3
- Added options to disable audio fading.
- Added an option to zoom video for each 50% (150%, 250%,…)
- Added an option not to delete subtitle files when deleting video files. (Settings > List > Delete subtitles files together)
Added on August 30, 2013
- Fixed not supporting some Android 4.3 devices including Nexus 7 2nd generation.
Added on November 3, 2013
- Support Android 4.4 KitKat.
Added on December 30, 2013
- Fixed volume/brightness swiping error when headset is connected on Android 4.4 devices.
- Fixed HW+ decoder crash on some HTC 4.3/4.4 devices.
- Fixed audio disappearing error for some iptv/mts videos.
- Added an option to pause playback if playback window is obscured by another window.
- Added full screen option for 4.3/4.4 devices having software navigation buttons.
- Fixed not loading proper subtitles matching current system language. (Only if subtitle contains language information.)
Added on January 31, 2014
- Recognize cover arts.
- Added subtitle up/down/zoom gestures.
- Additional ARMv6 VFP, MIPS, and x86 codec package is not required anymore for Google play edition.
- Make a workaround for crash on some Asus Android 4.3 devices using Intel Atom CPU.
- Added three soft button display options for Android 4.4 on Settings > Player > Screen > Soft buttons.
- Added folder hiding feature which allows excluding specific folders from the video folder list while keeping upper folders unchanged.
Added on February 12, 2014
- Added language option under the general settings. Interface language can be changed independent of system language.
- Added optional Zoom and/or Pan support.
- Added ‘Clear font cache’ function on the general settings.
- Added an option for ignoring media button input from external devices such as headsets, bluetooth devices, etc.
- Improved CPU type detection.
- Fixed ignoring saved subtitle bottom padding.
- Fixed PGS subtitle timing issue.
- Fixed broken playback of some .wmv files.
Added on March 2, 2014
- Added support for importing/exporting of settings and activity records.
- Can delete files from external storage(sdcard) on Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Fixed not loading video embedded .otf fonts.
- Fixed random crash on playing music/video in background.
- Fixed not selecting audio track on initial startup on some videos.
Added on June 4, 2014
- Support Android 4.4.3
- Added an option for disabling thumbnail cache.
- Fixed broken thumbnail cache clearing.
Added on June 13, 2014
- Fixed not playing some audios. (But DTS audio still cannot be played without custom codec)
- Fixed crash on some devices having non-English interface.
Write a Review