Latest Version: 22.214.171.1245
Updated November 5, 2013
- Support for Android 4.4
- New compass icon
- Bug Fixes
Fly around the planet with a swipe of your finger with Google Earth for Android. Explore distant lands or reacquaint yourself with your childhood home. Integrated Google Maps Street View allow you to explore the world at street level. Browse layers including roads, borders, places, photos and more. Visit the Earth Gallery to find exciting maps such as real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, hiking trails, city tours, and more.
Use the new “tour guide” to easily discover exciting new places to explore. With a quick swipe on the tab at the bottom of the screen, you can bring up a selection of virtual tours from around the globe.
With new 3D imagery, you can now fly through complete 3D recreations of select cities, including San Francisco, Boston, Rome, and others. With every building modeled in 3D, you truly get a sense of flying above the city. 3D imagery is available on select devices, including most tablets.
You can easily navigate with your fingers, using:
- A one finger swipe to move the globe
- A two-finger pinch and rotate to zoom in and out and rotate your viewpoint
- Two-fingers swiped together to tilt your view
- A one-finger double-tap to zoom in
- A two-finger double-tap to zoom out
- Earth Gallery: Explore a curated list of layers, such as real time flights, earthquake, and city tours.
- Touring: load tours from the Gallery or inside balloons.
- Share your current view through Google+ or other social applications.
- New Zoom around and pinch gesture.
- Stability and performance improvements
Added on November 1, 2012
- More bug fixes
- Tour guide: Explore places you never thought to search for with new tours of your favorite cities, historic landmarks and natural wonders.
- 3D imagery: Take flight above entire cities in 3D. Get started with Los Angeles, Boston, San Francisco, Geneva or Rome and look for new additions in the coming weeks. Available for devices with dual-core processors.
Added on December 19, 2012
- Bug fixes
Added on February 20, 2013
- Bug fixes
Added on October 3, 2013
- View your geocoded Google+ photos in Google Earth
Write a Review