Latest Version: Fast File Transfer 2.0.5.apk
Updated September 13, 2015
- Minor design changes
- Share url via Email, SMS, …
- Translated to Chinese
- Support for Android Marshmallow’s permission system
- Improved SD Card detection
- Fixed sending large folders as zip
- Bug fixes
What is Fast File Transfer?
Finally even older devices can send files at speeds like Wi-Fi Direct!
Fast File Transfer is an alternative for Bluetooth file sending.
The app uses Wi-Fi Tethering for establishing a connection between the devices but does not need the Internet.
Due to its high speed, this technology is especially recommended for sending big files.
- Up to 20x speed of bluetooth
- Easy to setup
- The receiver is device-independent
- No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
- No data usage for file transfer (Just for advertisements)
- The receiver does not have to have the app installed
- Send single or multiple files
- Displays QR codes for faster receiving
- Just tap the instruction image
- Use NFC for pairing (in beta stage)
Using this app, you can easily send a file to an iPhone or any other phone that does not have Bluetooth but Wi-Fi.
Will Kelly from Techrepublic wrote a tutorial on how to send files from Android to iOS: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smartphones/send-files-between-android-and-ios-with-fast-file-transfer/6097
Simply tap “Share via” in any file exlorer or in the gallery app, choose this app and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to send multiple files?
Just select multiple files in your file explorer and tap “Send via” (or similar) -> “Fast File Transfer”
In some file explorers first tap “Send via” in the menu, choose this app and then your files.
I don’t want to always enter the address on the receiver’s phone!
Use the built-in QR codes or
Save a bookmark:
Send multiple files once and add a bookmark to the file index page in your web browser. Later just open this bookmark to receive files.
Where can I change the password and username?
Open the app from the launcher. The instruction screen will appear. Now press the menu button and choose “Settings”.
This app might not run on some phones due to restrictions of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering.
Please don’t write bad reviews because of this fact, unfortunately I cannot do anything against it.
Please don’t write 3-star reviews mentioning the app did not work on your device. 3-star-reviews influence the overall rating as well.
The app does not work on:
- Most HTC devices
- Motorola Razr XT910 (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola’s Android implementation)
- Motorola Razr XT890
- Some Galaxy Y devices
- Devices that don’t have WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7
The transfer speed this app offers depends on the sender and receiver device. The highest value I measured is 33 Mbit/s which means 1 GB in under 5 minutes.
This app uses zxing (http://code.google.com/p/zxing/) for QR code generation.
Although I have never experienced such a case, I do not guarantee for any data fees caused by this app.
Older APK Versions of Fast File Transfer
Fast File Transfer 1.2.2 APK Download
Added on November 11, 2013
- NFC (Beta)
- For connecting to WiFi and opening web address
- Install an app like WiFiTap on the receipient’s device for connecting to the WiFi via NFC
- Please note that WiFiTap won’t connect to already known WiFis
- Send me an email if you experience problems
- New notifications for progress, file size, transfer speed and estimated transfer time
- Hints for QR code and NFC
- Supports Android 2.2 (tested on ZTE Blade)
- Continues sending when screen is off or app is closed to background
- Bug fixes
Fast File Transfer 2.0 APK Download
Added on December 12, 2014
- New transfer engine
- New UI
- New Icon
- Now supports sending via Wifi Direct or an existing Wifi Connection
- Send multiple files as ZIP
- Continues sending from background
- New super secure mode
- Send files from different folders
- Send whole folders
- More progress details
- Works on Lollipop
- And so much more
- Receive files from devices that don’t have FFT installed
- Remove ads
- Let receivers download all files at once (Unzipped)
Fast File Transfer 2.0.1 APK Download
Added on December 21, 2014
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
Fast File Transfer 2.0.2 APK Download
Added on December 30, 2014
- Fix for Honeycomb devices
- Improved tablet layout
- Bug fixes
- Option for closing the app after transfer
Fast File Transfer 2.0.3 APK Download
Added on February 23, 2015
- Fixed sending as zip to Android devices
- Workaround for sending movies to iOS
- Better support for external SD and HTC devices
- Fixes & Improvements
Fast File Transfer 2.0.4 APK Download
Added on April 16, 2015
- Bug fixes