Latest Version: GPS Logger for Android 64.apk
Updated June 21, 2015
- Minor crash fixes
- Fixed month number in custom file name
What is GPS Logger for Android?
A lightweight, battery efficient GPS Logger. The purpose of this app is to log your GPS coordinates at specified intervals to a file on your SD card. This app runs in the background so that you can on a long walk, hike, flight ride or photo session or even go buy some milk and have this running as long as possible. Once you’re back at your computer, you can then use the files to geotag photos, upload to travel sites, view in Google Earth and so on.
GPS Logger for Android Features:
- Specify time intervals
- Specify distance intervals
- Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
- Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
- Shows a notification
- Imperial display units
- Auto start on boot
- Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
- OpenStreetMap – upload GPS traces
- Dropbox – upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
- Google Docs – upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
- OpenGTS – auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions – please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations – submit to http://crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
- GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
- A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
- Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
- If there’s a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
Explanation of permissions:
- Storage – reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
- Network communication – used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
- Your location – used to determine your GPS or tower based location
- System tools (automatically start at boot) – used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
- Your accounts – used when authorizing against Google Docs and when uploading to Google Docs
- Activity recognition – to recognize when phone is still and to pause logging
- Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
Older APK Versions of GPS Logger for Android
We've just added this app in our repo. Unfortunately there's no older version of this app yet. If you're the developer of this app and you want to share the previous versions, please contact us.